Wednesday, March 3, 2010

OUR FIRST TUTE FOR 2010....FINALLY!!

Hard as it is to believe that it is March already, I have to say that I am glad to see the tail end of summer...the bane of my life...or life-style really. I find it hard to get creatively motivated...probably because my water-logged body is boiling and my brain is frying, so all my creative ideas and intentions just frizzle up and look like the inside of the saucepan I burnt the potatoes in last week!!

However, it is with great pleasure that I can announce that I AM BACK!... and after a few hiccups (and much scraping of the pan...vbg), have finally created something! Mind you, I had to toss out a lot of dust bunnies that had taken up residence in my studio (for want of a better name...vbg) and clear a space on my desk so I could begin to make another mess...but a creative mess at least!

And I thought I would totally shame
myself by showing you that mess!

Bevlea...don't look...you have
been ill enough lately!!! LOL



But, I digress..let's get back to
the reason for the mess....









   A Paper Art Doll ATC!

I do hope you will like this
Paper Art Doll  ATC
and have a go at making one...
you may enjoy it !....I did!!

Firstly, decide on a theme....this one is
an ART DECO theme, and I decided
on using images of that period's jewelery,
which I found on the web or in magazines.

Edit and prepare the images in a graphics
application, making sure that the torso
piece is exactly an ATC size.
The legs and arms also need to be no
longer than the actual ATC length
(3.5 inches), and the head must be an
appropriate size suitable for the size of the torso.


When finished, all of these
will be folded up behind the
torso to ensure the "ATC"
fits into the ATC pocket of a
9 pocket sleeve.








Adhere all pieces to a fairly
strong cardboard,
using a stronger one
for the torso.



When dry, cut out and
begin to embellish them.



Because I used jewelery images,
I decided to go with the BLING look,
using Kindy Glitz and diamantes,
making sure there were none in the
way of where the head, arms and
legs were to be attached to the torso.
  
When the Kindy Glitz was dry, I
assembled the doll using co-ordinating
coloured brads, then added hands and
feet using charms atached with jump-rings.

And a girl can't go anywhere
dressed in bling without her
make-up, so I made her face
 "shine" too!
Amazing what a little bit of
powder and paint can do!

(Actually, it is aqua and red Dimensional Gel Pens,
Kindy Glitz and a Beryl Prisma
Watercolour pencil...but don't tell her...vbg)

Mind you...she has plenty of attitude!
Before she would allow me to take her
photo, she insisted she had to have
MORE bling in the form of a head-dress
of silk flower petals.
She sure does look pretty now, doncha think?

Finally, I attached a hanger to her back so she could alternatively hang on the wall in all her glory..... as apposed to being shut up in the dark in a three
ring binder for the rest of her days!...vbg
The hanger I used is one that can be found on a lot of the packets of "stash"  that we buy heaps of...(and even on hubby's socks and undies packs too..vbg). It is clear acrylic, approximately 2 inches wide, has a "hanging hole" already there to utilise, and has a sticky back which is sooo sticky that even when peeled off the stash packet and stuck onto something to save it, remains sticky enough to allow her to hang safely. If you look carefully, you can see it in this photo.
BTW, the small pearls at the bottom edge are not actually on the doll...they are there to hold it in place for the photo-shoot.

So, there she is...easy as pie....and I would love to see YOURS when finished!

9 comments:

  1. Love the doll she is fab and very opulent !!
    Also love your workspace .. its another messy one like mine lol
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks lovely Barb, as does the orange creation that looks like its taking shape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny - I just made a little art doll this morning! You can see my bunny on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the bling bling and the image you used. Cool !!!

    I've make one too
    http://mescrap.blogspot.com/2008/10/awfully-big-art-adventure-atc-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the doll... looks super cool.. I am traumatised by the state of your desk though... will be making an appt for therapy tomorrow vbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Barb, I know the feeling you describe. I feel fried too.. I'm loving what you are doing here - so great to see tutorials. The dolls is gorgeous, way to go!
    Take care & I will catch up with you somewhere else in cyberspace xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work, Barb! xoxo, Aimeslee

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doll is gorgeous!!! I must say to you, I feel like you could be long lost kin...looking at that gorgeous "mess" and scrolling down through your posts and seeing some beautiful rainbow hands!!! Great inspiration to be had here thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments and feedback - it makes it all worthwhile... see... we're smiling... thankyou!