Friday, May 1, 2009

May - Accordian Slide Book with Credit Card Technique

This little book is made  incorporating the Credit Card Technique  and cardboard slide mounts cut on the Sizzix Die #38-1106. .. But you could also use any purchased slide mount and simply adapt the size. 

I need to state first up this is not my original design, it is based on a little book given to me some years ago and I adapted it to suit myself.  I have no idea who originally came up with the idea—so am unable to give them credit.

What you need......

· Cardboard slide mounts - you need an odd number - at least three but five or seven would work better if cutting your own you need sizzix red die # 38-1106

·Few sheets of copy paper (if you can get A3 you wont have to deal with a join in your piece later on - no biggie but its a bit easier for you further down the track.

· 3 colours of cheap acrylic craft paint - my personal favourites for this technique is a lt and dk of the same shade e.g. lt and dk green, lt & dk brown etc. Plus a gold such as Jo Sonja Rich Gold

· Water spray bottle (NOT a fine mister)

· Old credit card, store card or ATM card. Really needs to be a plastic card - cardstock cut to size wont work as well

· Brown and Gold ink pads

· One large printed serviette.. Soft floral or text/script print on it.

· Stamp  - something swirly or a collage type one.. It needs to be bigger than the  slide mount so you don't get a perfect full impression of the stamp on the mount

· One ATC blank (cut from stronger cardstock - needs to support your slides)

· Your printed images (I printed the ladies onto transparency but you could use paper)

· Baby wipes for cleanup

· Newspaper for your desktop

· Glue stick

· Double sided tape for transparency

· Pritt Power Glue or Weldbond

· Scissors

· Scalpel

 Optional

· Swirly rub ons

· Gold Krylon Pen

· Some chipboard letters to spell out your ‘word’

 

6 comments:

  1. this is fantastic! thank you for such inspiration and a beautiful tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this!! Paperwork is going to be great, I've got the whole dining table covered:-)
    Don't have a Sissix die, no slide mounts either, so I guess I have to make them myself!!
    To be continued!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONE! I just loved this challenge, and had so much fun making this!
    You can find my accordian book here
    http://dutchie-in-canada.blogspot.com/2009/05/2cre8-atcs-and-mothersday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful book, I enjoyed your tutorial too, and even though I didn't join in I have learned a few new tricks this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great work that book making with the help of credit card techniques it great to read your post.
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

    I'd appreciate your letting me know if that's OK.

    Thanks,

    Nancy Ward
    http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments and feedback - it makes it all worthwhile... see... we're smiling... thankyou!